Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting..."Wow! What a ride! Thank You Lord!"
~ Author unknown

Lord!” - Author unknown

Monday, October 22, 2007

Please Pray

We are surrounded by fire. There have been strong Santa Ana winds that are making everything crazy. Two of my aunts and at least one friend have been evacuated. Our whole town may be evacuated. So we are preparing right now just in case. Also, our huge 50+ year old Chinese Elm has had two of the main branches (more like trunk) break off and they are hanging. So please pray that when they fall that they miss our house and the guest house where my brother and his wife live.

This just in...my parents and grandma have been told to evacuate. They live about ten minutes from us. I'll post updates as I can (and hopefully pictures...my camera decided to act up just today) :(

PS The crazy thing is that I met someone yesterday who said there is a white out blizzard going on in CO. Fire and blizzards...all on the same day and in the same country. If you life in CO please comment and let me know about the blizzard. Thanks.

No comments: