Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting..."Wow! What a ride! Thank You Lord!"
~ Author unknown

Lord!” - Author unknown

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Shoes


Jonny just tied his shoes all by himself for the first time! He got new shoes and they aren't Velcro. They are laced shoes, so we figured it was time to teach him how to tie his shoes. I have to admit I've kinda been dreading and putting off teaching him. I don't know why. It wasn't so bad when we actually did it. Joel's speech therapist was here yesterday and when she heard him ask me to tie his shoes she was surprised he didn't know how. So she taught him. I did join in on the teaching but it made me feel guilty that I hadn't found time to teach my (barely) 7-year-old. Part of the problem is I just got caught up in life and used to the routine of tying his shoes. The other part of the problem is all the shoes with Velcro. He could do that by himself and his play shoes have always had Velcro so I just don't think much about tying shoes. One kid down, two to go. :)

No comments: