Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting..."Wow! What a ride! Thank You Lord!"
~ Author unknown

Lord!” - Author unknown

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day '08

Happy Valentine's Day!
We should love one another. ~ 1 John 4:11

To our family, Valentine's Day isn't just about romance. It's about love. And we love each other a whole lot. So we have a tradition that we spend Valentine's Day evening together as a family. My parents come over and we have a special dinner and dessert while we enjoy spending time all together. Tonight, my brother and sister-in-law were able to join us for dessert. How blessed we are to be able to spend time together. There is no shortage of love in our family!


I love kisses!

This picture was taken by my 4 year old, Jason.

My sweet husband brought me roses when he came home from work.
It was totally unexpected since he's been out of work for 4 weeks and
he doesn't usually get me anything on holidays. (I think this is the third
time he has gotten me roses in seven years of marriage. But who's counting?)
He couldn't have picked better timing. I was having a very difficult day and
when I saw the roses I got tears in my eyes. Suddenly my day was better.
Aren't they pretty?!

My boys love each other and sure have fun together!

"Mama, it's a heart pretzel!"

Grammy and Grampy sure are fun!

1 comment:

Rising Rainbow said...

That sounds like a nice tradition.